New York State’s Department of Labor this month released FAQ guidance pertaining to the state's legal use of cannabis by adults 21 or older. According to the guidance, employers are prohibited from discriminating against an employee for using "cannabis...
How can we help?
By guest contributors Bill Judge, JD, LL.M., and Nick Hartman of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute State and local marijuana laws around the country are fast-changing and often confusing. In this article NDASA members Bill Judge and Nick Hartman take on recent...
By NDASA member William Judge, JD, LL.M., founder of the Drug Screening Compliance Institute and an attorney with more than three decades of experience in drug screening compliance. New York, this week, became the 15th state (in addition to Washington D.C.) to...
The National Drug & Alcohol Screening Association has had a major win today with language added to the MORE ACT that allows continued marijuana drug testing for DOT safety-sensitive workers! The MORE Act is an attempt to remove marijuana from the list of federally...
The Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Program outlined in 49 CFR Part 40 applies to transportation safety-sensitive employees who have a direct impact on the safety of commercial transportation for both the traveling...
For years, employers have been struggling with changing local and state marijuana laws and the impact on workplace drug screening programs. At least 33 states now allow medical use of marijuana and 11, plus Washington, D.C., also permit recreational use. Recently, we...
Search this site
Stay in touch
Give to NDASA
Latest News & Updates
- Jan 07, 2022The Value of Drug Testing Goes Beyond Preventing Safety Incidents
- Dec 16, 2021NDASA Announces 2022 Keynote Speaker
- Dec 07, 2021Popular Drug Test Cheat Devices & How to Combat Them
- Dec 06, 2021How Much is Too Much? Exploring and Understanding Low-Risk Drinking Guidelines
- Nov 09, 2021Marijuana Impairment and Drug Testing
Topics We Track
- Committee Reports (1)
- DOT (4)
- Drug & Alcohol Testing (15)
- Drug Legislation (6)
- Feature (41)
- FMCSA (3)
- For Drug Testing Industry Professionals (14)
- For Employers and Workplace Safety & Wellness Professionals (12)
- Industry News (6)
- Marijuana & CBD (13)
- Member Benefits (1)
- Membership (2)
- NDASA Conference (7)
- NDASA Guidance (3)
- Newsletter Only (1)
- Opioids (2)
- Resources (21)
- Substance Use (1)
- Substance Use/Addiction (3)
- Training (1)
- Uncategorized (6)
- Workplace Safety (3)